Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New year. New Semester. New beginning.

1/10/2011

Ok, here's the deal.

I am 22. And I am technically obese.

I'm not one of those girls who sit in front of a mirror sighing. I like myself. I am comfortable with my body. But what I am not comfortable with is my family health history. You know when you go to the doctor and you have to fill those out? Yeah..... I have to check A LOT of boxes.


  • heart disease
  • high blood pressure
  • cancer
  • diabetes
  • high cholesterol
  • strokes
to name only a few. and most of these are immediate family, which puts me at an even higher risk. 

I am 22. If I don't change something now, I'm going to be 30 and need to pop handfuls of pills every day. And probably need bypass heart surgery. I am stupid if I don't change something.



So................... Here is my plan.

Lose 50 pounds in 50 weeks. 

According to my Wii Fit, I weighed in at 187. I am 5'3". My "Normal Weight Range" is 113-141lbs. with my "ideal" weight being about 124lbs. Losing 50lbs puts me just barely in the normal range, at 137lbs. 

I feel like this is a realistic goal, averaging out to be about 1lb per week. It is a lot easier for me to start a workout regime while I am in college with access to an amazing rec center, so my goal officially starts today, Monday, January 10, 2011. At the same time, the whole purpose of this is to be healthier and more active. If December 26 comes around and I have only lost 20lbs, I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep with a bucket of chicken or anything.. I will still be a lot healthier than at the start. and that is the whole point.

I hope to keep this blog updated on my progress, and maybe inspire some of my family and friends to join me and commit to losing the extra pounds they know they need to.

If you are committing to have a healthier year, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how it's going and we can keep each other motivated. Good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. This was written 1/10/2011. I just did not have it updated. Oops!!

    ReplyDelete