Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wii Fit Goal Achieved!!

Hello!

2.5 weeks into the semester and going strong! I am lucky enough to have a Nintendo Wii at my disposal. I take a body test every day, and it keeps track of my weight and if I'm progressing toward my goals.

Because overweight people tend to lose weight fast-ish when they first start an exercise plan, I set my goal for 4lbs in 2 weeks. And I achieved it today!! A day early!!! I lost some weight before setting a goal on Wii Fit though, so I have actually lost about 6lbs and weigh about 181lbs. Only 11 more to go before transitioning from Obese to Overweight. Yay!!

So excited and proud of myself!! 

I try to get up early enough to eat breakfast every day - usually whole grain cereal and a piece of fruit. But sometimes it's just a granola bar. I usually eat a Special K granola bar for lunch, and try to make something healthy for dinner. But I'm in college, and all of my friends (and me!!) love Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm not forcing myself to miss out on hanging out with my friends.. just to be more conscious of what I eat.

Instead of:
   12 wings
   potato wedges with cheese
   and a soda

I might get:
   12 wings - eat 6-7 and take the rest home
   potato wedges - no cheese
   WATER

So far, I'm not feeling deprived. Just healthier, more energetic, and more like myself than I have for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment