Sunday, March 11, 2012

Free Fitness Tools

I discovered two amazing free fitness tools since my weight loss attempt last year: Pinterest and DailyBurn Tracker.

Pinterest is an online "bulletin board" where you can "pin" content from webpages and other users. There are a lot of great ideas for getting fit. I've pinned inspirational quotes, at-home workouts and even workouts to do during commercial breaks. One of my favorite finds has been the "Harry Potter Workout", listing exercises to complete based on what happens in the movie - Who says there's no time for working out?!

Feel free to follow all of my Pinterest boards or my fitness board.

Daily Burn Tracker keeps track of your body, nutrition and workouts - all you have to do is enter your daily totals. The site has thousands of food items, but you have the option to enter in new items and save recipes for easy tracking. In addition, you choose which days you want to work out. The website reminds you to exercise, and you can assemble workouts or use their pre-designed ones. You can also sign up for challenges with other members of the DailyBurn community. I love this site, it is really motivating to look at graphs and see how far you've come!

Check it out, and feel free to add me (rzbynski) as one of your personal motivators. Let's get fit together!!

And as a final thought,


The pain of being unhealthy is far worse
than the pain of working out.
(credit: healthy-is-sexy.tumblr.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment